[rabbitmq-discuss] Federating messages in upstream with specific routing key

vish.ramachandran vish.ramachandran at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:43:27 BST 2014

I am in reference to this FAQ at
https://www.rabbitmq.com/federated-exchanges.html

==========
Are all messages copied?
Only those messages that need to be copied are propagated. This is an
optimisation arranged dynamically by the federation plugin. (See below.)

My situation requires me to federate from an upstream exchange only messages
with a specific routing key. The above FAQ seems to indicate this is
possible. However, I didn't find any option that allows me to specify a
routing key while configuring upstream queue.

Is this possible ?

Thanks
Vish