[rabbitmq-discuss] Basic_Consume

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 2 14:34:20 BST 2014

On 02/06/2014 12:49PM, Gadi Dor wrote:
> Hi All
>
> When I am using:
>
> basic_consume( Queue, true, ChPid, undefined,ConsumerTag, false, undefined)

You don't say where this is from, but that looks like an old version of
rabbit_amqqueue:basic_consume().

That's not a public API. It makes a number of undocumented assumptions
about the caller, and changes freely between RabbitMQ releases. I very
much doubt you want to use it.

> I got strange error:
>
> [{basic_consume,
>                              [{amqqueue,
>                                {resource,
>                                 <<"/">>,queue,
>                                 <<"user1 at jabber.tld">>},
>                                true,false,none,
>                                [],<12016.1240.0>,
>                                [],[],undefined,
>                                [],[]},
>                               true,<0.416.0>,
>                               undefined,
>                               undefined,false,
>                               undefined],
>                              []},
>                             {rabbit_misc,
>                              with_exit_handler,2,
>                              []},
>                             {rpc,
>                              '-handle_call_call/6-fun-0-',
>                              5,
>                              [{file,"rpc.erl"},
>                               {line,205}]}]}

That error message looks like important bits have been removed.

> Any Idea Please?

To consume from a queue using Erlang, use the Erlang client:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/erlang-client-user-guide.html

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen