[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it possible to get a "push" when number of messages reaches threshold?

rails stammailbox at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 14:31:56 BST 2014

Hi,

I want to check

1. What is the best practice to get the number of messages in a queue.
    I know I can get it via queue.getMessageCount()
    I also know that you can get it as the monitor plugin gets it. is it an
http request? or with the rabbitmqctl application.(JNI?) ?
    What is the best way if I want to react only when X messages arrive?
2. And more important - can I get the number of messages in a queue via
push?

Can I declare a threshold to receive a push notification (e.g. get a signal
every time I have 5000 messages)