[rabbitmq-discuss] Create an encrypted SSL connection without having to verify certificate

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Thu Jul 31 09:29:04 BST 2014

On 31 July 2014 at 12:24:48, Ankur5 C (ankur5.c at tcs.com) wrote:
> > Was my client code ok?

I don't see anything wrong with it.

> And the rabbitmq config file is :
>
> [{rabbit, [{ssl_listeners, [5671]},
> {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/testca/cacert.pem"},
> {certfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/server/cert.pem"},
> {keyfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/server/key.pem"},
> {verify,verify_none},
> {fail_if_no_peer_cert,false}]}]}
> ].
>
> I have already mentioned the files in my config file.

Then I cannot reproduce your issue with 5 clients (including openssl) and 3 variations of
the config file.

> I am really not getting the issue! Will I get a solution ?

You have to figure this one out on your own. This is something environment-specific.

I recommend switching to the most recent RabbitMQ and Erlang (17.1) releases,
3.3.4 is the version I've used.
--
MK