[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq ssl error

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jul 30 15:04:01 BST 2014

On 30 July 2014 at 16:27:30, Ankur5 C (ankur5.c at tcs.com) wrote:
> > I am trying to connect rabbitmq over the ssl port but I am getting
> :
>
> accepting AMQP connection <0.231.0> (192.168.161.171:65208
> -> 192.168.161.197:5671)
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 30-Jul-2014(http://airmail.calendar/2014-07-30%2012:00:00%20GMT+4)::17:53:07
> ===
> error on AMQP connection <0.231.0>:
> {ssl_upgrade_error,timeout}

SSL upgrade timeout means, a TCP connection was open but never proceeded to perform
the TLS handshake.

So you somehow end up connecting with a non-TLS client on the TLS port.

As a side note, please *always* start a new thread for a new problem, instead of
replying to an existing one. It is incredibly confusing to see messages from 2 unrelated
threads in the same archive thread.
--
MK