[rabbitmq-discuss] MQTT login failed for "guest" access_refused even after mentioning loopback_users

Ceri Storey ceri at lshift.net
Fri Jul 18 10:34:27 BST 2014

(18/07/14 10:17), Ankur5 C wrote:
> Thanks , I am going to use a new user. Is it the right way . This time
> I am getting Bad user name or password (4). How to set up a new user ?
>
> [{rabbit,        [{tcp_listeners,    [5672]},{ssl_listeners, [5671]},
>                         {ssl_options,
> [{cacertfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/testca/cacert.pem"},
>                     {certfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/server/cert.pem"},
>                     {keyfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/server/key.pem"},
>                     {verify,verify_peer},
>                         {fail_if_no_peer_cert,false}]}]},
>  *{rabbitmq_mqtt, [{default_user,     <<"cto">>},*
> *                  {default_pass,     <<"cto">>},*
Just to throw in my 2c, the default_user/default_pass are only applied
in the broker when it starts up with an empty database, so when it first
starts or after a rabbitmqctl reset. So, whilst you could do that,
Michael's suggestion of using rabbitmqctl add_user is virtually always
what you want.

Hope that's useful.