[rabbitmq-discuss] channel-cache-size

Gary Russell grussell at gopivotal.com
Thu Jul 17 14:50:53 BST 2014

I can answer number 2)

Only a single connection is used for all channels (by default). The cache
size is how many channels are cached (saved in a cache when "closed"
instead of actually closing them). It does not preallocate channels, they
are created on-demand and when "closed" either put in the cache or
physically closed if the cache is full.

It's generally more efficient to multiplex channels over a single
connection but you can configure the Spring CachingConnectionFactory to
allow multiple connections if you need to for some reason.