[rabbitmq-discuss] Implement guaranteed delivery with ReturnListener and ConfirmListener

ArnavJoshi arnav.joshi at mathworks.com
Wed Jul 16 22:36:15 BST 2014

> Did you receive an ack for a message routed to a queue whose master was
unavailable?

We experimented by sending messages to undeclared exchanges and undeclared
queues. We received an individual ack for every message that was not routed
to the exchange and a specific queue.

> Was it the only queue the message was routed to?

Yes. We specify separate routing keys for 2 queues. There is no overlap.

Our architecture needs acknowledgements for individual messages, especially
when they are flagged as mandatory and need to be persisted to disk in cases
of failure. Hence, grouping messages in batches and then performing a "batch
check" is not what we are looking out for.

Can you provide an example where the producer receives an ack on whether a
message was persisted to disk, in case when an exchange or a queue are
undeclared/currently unavailable?