[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq File descriptor , socket descritor and memory

sagu prf sagu.prf1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:51:41 BST 2014

Hi Team ,

I have 2 doubt on the rabbitmq tuning to maximum FD .

I have increased the file descriptor value for the rabbitmq users to
100K and now it showing socket decriptor  value to 89908 .

So now we can connect maximum 89908 TCP connection (amqp)  rights ?

 {file_descriptors,

     [{total_limit,99900},

      {total_used,40000},

      {sockets_limit,89908},

      {sockets_used,40000}]},

2. Rabbitmq paging ..

{vm_memory_high_watermark,0.4},  - 100GB RAM - high water mark 40GB

 {vm_memory_high_watermark_paging_ratio,0.5}]   rabbitmq pagingout the
messages will start at 20GB Physical RAM utilization right ?

Regards
Sagu