[rabbitmq-discuss] [Rabbit + SSL connection] AMQP ☺closed ?? Is it normal?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Tue Jul 1 20:01:32 BST 2014

Dears RabbitMQ begginers and experts users,

I´m using RabbitMQ on Windows, configured to use SSL, keys, certificates and CA certificates.
According to the SSL Troubleshooting page, I can confirm that:

- SSL support in Erlang is OK ! The Erlang VM has support for SSL.
- Keys and certificates with OpenSSL is OK! The certificates and keys can be used to establish a secure link by connecting two terminals.
- The broker is listening on the expected AMQPS port!

However I´m not sure about verifying SSL connection establishment, against the broke.
According to the SSL Troubleshooting page, it says that "If you present the broker with eight random bytes, the broker will respond with the string "AMQP" followed by an encoded version number". But, after presenting the  broker with eight random bytes, I just got the following message:

 AMQP    ☺closed

Is it normal? Where is the "encoded version number". Should it be really closed ??

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center