[rabbitmq-discuss] custom exchange checking auth user

Dmitry Andrianov dmitry.andrianov at alertme.com
Tue Jul 1 14:53:49 BST 2014

Understood.

One more question: some time ago I was told that either custom exchange
or decorator will both serve for my purpose.
However while with exchange if I return empty list from route callback,
no routing happens, the same does not seem to work in decorator.
Reading Erlang in rabbit_exchange.erl is very hard for me so I can be
wrong but it looks like whatever decorator returns from route is only
appended to the list of destinations and decorator cannot override the
ones selected by exchange.

Is it correct? What is the correct way to deny processing message in the
decorator?

And is there a recommended best practice for what should be used for
validation purposes - custom exchange or exchange decorator?

Many thanks.
Dmitry

On 26/06/14 18:13, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> On 26/06/14 18:10, Dmitry Andrianov wrote:
>> While we are there given that we have our custom exchange - how can we
>> "enrich" a message with some data like client's IP?
>
> you can't. That *would* require changes to APIs. And breaking some
> significant assumptions on the way.
>
> Matthias.

This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this email without the
author's prior permission. AlertMe.com Ltd. is not responsible for any personal views expressed
in this message or any attachments that are those of the individual sender.

AlertMe.com Ltd, 30 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2RE, UK.
Registered in England, Company number 578 2908, VAT registration number GB 895 9914 42.