[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ, Erlang and OpenSSL

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 13:33:49 GMT 2014

2014-01-31 ranjitiyer <ranjitiyer at gmail.com>

> Q1. Does RabbitMQ's SSL feature depends on SSL support in Erlang?

Yes.

>  Q2. Does that imply that the user's Suse machine (where our application,
> including RabbitMQ will be deployed) must have OpenSSL installed?

Yes, see section 3.4:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/installation_guide/INSTALL.html

Q3. I guess this relates to Q2. Does Erlang statically include OpenSSL or
> dynamically link against it? I would prefer that it statically includes it
> so our users don't need to install OpenSSL separately on their Suse
> machines.

Erlang/OTP's configure supports both --disable-dynamic-ssl-lib and
--enable-dynamic-ssl-lib.

MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin