[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ publishing is taking time

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 29 13:00:16 GMT 2014

On 29/01/14 12:51, Piyush Nagar wrote:
> I am clue less what is happening here. Can anyone tell me what should I
> search for or what other monitoring I can do her for RabbitMQ.

You could use tracing / firehose to generate trace messages with
timestamps when the broker receives the messages.

http://www.rabbitmq.com/firehose.html
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-tracing/file/rabbitmq_v3_2_3/README

That would give you some confirmation that the messages are not getting
delayed in queues somehow.

But I suspect you'll find that the delay is before the broker generates
the firehose message. So the next step would be to watch the publishing
connection with Wireshark; that can analyse AMQP frames so you should be
able to see the messages just before they reach the broker.

I strongly suspect you'll find the problem lies in your client
application though...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen