[rabbitmq-discuss] Behaviour of Federated Queues

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 27 17:26:31 GMT 2014

On 27/01/2014 15:59, Josh West wrote:
> This is confirmed.  If you create and immediately delete a queue, with
> federation configured, the upstream will also create the queue but not
> delete the queue.
>
> This sounds like it may be a bug with federated queues.

I don't think it is - in general it's not intended that deletion of
objects should get transferred across federation links. There's no grand
theoretical reason for that, just that I thought that it might be a good
way to shoot yourself in the foot. It's OK to accidentally create a
bunch of federated stuff on remote servers; you can just go and delete
it if you don't want it. But to delete things remotely seems like the
sort of thing that will make somebody very unhappy one day.

Cheers, Simon