[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated Exchange - behaviour after delete

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 27 17:09:19 GMT 2014

On 27/01/2014 16:36, Duncan McIntyre wrote:
> Unexpected behaviour. Running RabbitMQ 3.2.3 / Erlang 14B04

<snip>

So to summarise: have A as upstream to B and C. Delete A and restart B;
B recreates A and works fine. C does not realise that anything has gone
wrong, although its bindings are all missing.

I don't think the change of exchange type is important BTW.

> I'm not sure what the expected behaviour should be, but it would be nice
> to get an error somewhere.

Hmm, yes. Really C should see that its connection to the exchange has
gone away, but the trouble is it only really gets to see the queue.

I will have a think about what we can do about this.

Cheers, Simon