[rabbitmq-discuss] does.erlang.cookie gets overriden with some other value

k.madnani84 k.madnani84 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:43:08 GMT 2014

Hi,

Does RabbitMQ overrides the .erlang.cookie by picking it up from some other
location.I am trying to have a two node cluster.Both are having exactly the
same cookie value in .erlang.cookie but when i check logs the cookie hash
value is different and it is happening just with one specific node.I have
done multiple clean installations and even tried to join other different
nodes with this node but this particular node is not able to form cluster
with any other nodes whereas other nodes are able to form cluster.

Is it something i am missing or the .erlang.cookie is getting overriden with
some other cookie value picking frm some other place?