[rabbitmq-discuss] Publisher confirms always wait for consumer ack/nack

Jerry Kuch jkuch at gopivotal.com
Fri Jan 24 17:56:34 GMT 2014

Hi, Bertrand...

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Bertrand LEMASLE <blemasle at allocine.fr>wrote:

> "Totally unrelated" : that's what I undestand from the documentation, but
> it seems to be what's going on in my case.

My apologies... I confess I misread your original report by skimming over
the meaty part of it and reading what I expected to see rather than what
you in fact wrote.

After some digging, I discovered that my producer and consumer run on the
> same thread but they souldn't (for now, producer and consumer run in the
> same application). So my consumer thread sleep affects my publisher thread.
> That's obviously a flaw in my own design and seems to have nothing to do
> with RabbitMQ itself.
>
> Thanks for your concern and your clarification about publisher confirms
> which made me think about monitoring running threads and so came onto this !

Ah, gotcha!  Glad you found an external to Rabbit cause for the weird
behavior.

When Matthias pointed out my carelessness in misreading your original
message I made a note to come back to your report and try to reproduce your
observations, but knew I wouldn't be able to get to it for a couple of
days.

The behavior you were describing was indeed surprising to us (when I became
less daft and actually grasped what you were saying), as it was to you.

Again, my apologies for my sloppiness and adding confusion to the situation.

Best regards,
Jerry