[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ hangs, does not accept connections

Dimitri Minaev minaev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 13:06:40 GMT 2014

Hello, Maulik,

I believe, your problem is a different one, because the bug was gone since
we had upgraded to 2.8.7. The final message from the support service was:

> The Erlang/OTP team believe that the problem was due to a bug in their
code. A small change introduced in RabbitMQ 2.8.7 had the coincidental
fortunate effect of bypassing the bug, so the problem should not occur in
2.8.7 or later versions of RabbitMQ.

Good luck!

On 22 January 2014 17:29, maulik thaker <maulik.mihir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dmitri Minaev,
>
>         I am facing same problem with rabbitmq 3.2.2 ( I have gone through
> this thread and already checked memory and number of file-descriptors are
> not causing the problem). If you have solved that problem then please share
> the solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Maulik
>

> On Monday, 26 March 2012 11:15:45 UTC+5:30, Dmitri Minaev wrote:

>> > It's not really a constant, but to a first approximation, yes.
>> >
>> > Ultimately, the error I saw being passed up from the OS was ENFILE -
>> that's
>> > pretty unambiguous :)
>> >
>> > It's possible that if you're churning connections then "closed"
>> connections
>> > in FIN_WAIT2 could account for the majority of the used FDs. In 2.8.0
>> we'll
>> > set SO_LINGER to 0 to prevent this.
>>
>> I am still not sure about the role of the file descriptors in this
>> event. Last Friday, our Rabbit died again. Until the very last moment
>> the number of open file descriptors as reported by the management
>> plugin was 143 out of the total available number of 32765. It was
>> RabbitMQ v.2.7.0. On that same day I have upgraded to 2.8.1. Will
>> report on its behaviour later.
>>
>> --
>> With best regards,
>> Dmitri Minaev