[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq crashing every 90 minutes

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 21:29:35 GMT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Dan_b <daniel.bason at telogis.com> wrote:
>  {file_descriptors,[{total_limit,924},
>                     {total_used,66},
>                     {sockets_limit,829},
>                     {sockets_used,46}]},

<snip>

> =SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 22-Jan-2014::19:37:28 ===
>      Supervisor: {local,'tcp_acceptor_sup_:::5672'}
>      Context:    child_terminated
>      Reason:     {accept_failed,enfile}

My understanding from this line is that your system is running out of
file descriptors.

The file_descriptors entry on your status tells that the limit seen by
RabbitMQ is 924. Maybe your ulimit settings are a bit low?

I think that is probably why you see this happening every 90 minutes.
Try raising that limit.

Regards,

Alvaro