[rabbitmq-discuss] [Rabbitmq-c] ARM bug fixed?

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:54:45 GMT 2014

That thread is incredibly old (like 3 years) and before I took over
maintaining the library. I believe the routines that do the encoding and
decoding of wireformat data have been re-written to not do silly aliasing
with pointers that would cause data-alignment issues (you would see crashes
if there were issues with alignment).

Also I have heard reports that rabbitmq-c successfully runs on iOS (which I
believe is ARM based), and Android (which is Linux, and can be ARM based).
 That said, there are many different flavors of ARM out there (both big and
little endian), and rabbitmq-c is not frequently tested on ARM-based
platforms, so its not impossible for there to be bugs in rabbitmq-c when it
comes to running on an ARM based platform.

I don't have access to an ARM platform to test it on - so its hard for me
to repro what you're seeing.

-Alan