[rabbitmq-discuss] Using x-max-length custom header with STOMP adapter

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 16 11:45:01 GMT 2014

Hi,

On 14/01/14 17:23, Matthew Holt wrote:

> PRECONDITION_FAILED - inequivalent arg 'x-max-length'for queue 'test' in
> vhost '/': received none but current is the value '50' of type 'long'
> Connection closed by foreign host.

> Is this a bug in the RabbitMQ STOMP adapter or am I doing something wrong?

The STOMP adapter does not interpret additional headers as queue
arguments. I wouldn't call that a bug unless there was documentation
claiming otherwise.

If you want to make use of a pre-declared queue then use the /amq/queue
prefix rather than /queue . That will prevent the "precondition failed"
error.

See "AMQ Queue Destinations":
http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html

-Emile