[rabbitmq-discuss] Mirrored Queues in master and slaves

Alex L buzz42j at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 00:56:15 GMT 2014

Hello,

So far I get how I can enable a queue (by changing it's policy) to be
mirrored to the other nodes, and that queue would be the master, and all
the mirrored nodes are the slaves (referring to
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html).

But when I publish a message, how would I know if I'm using the master's
queue, or specifically one of the slave's queues? Is there a way to find
which queue I'm using?

And would it be possible to send a message directly to a slave without
having it go through it's master?

Thanks
Alex