[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple shovels to increase create a LB queue?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jan 14 10:09:53 GMT 2014

On 14/01/2014 06:54, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
> The only other point of info was a message from Simon saying:
>
> "Since federation has quite a pull-based model it might prove more
> fiddly to use than shovel in a situation where you have a lot of
> satellite brokers publishing to a central broker."

Your shovel approach is perfectly reasonable, but I'd just like to
clarify that quote - I was writing when federation was configured
through the configuration file - and so in such a star topology you had
to restart the central broker every time you added a satellite. That was
what I meant by "fiddly".

Cheers, Simon