[rabbitmq-discuss] Any message priority support schedule?

Chris stuff at moesel.net
Mon Jan 13 15:50:50 GMT 2014

Thanks for the update.  In our use case, we potentially have hundreds of
queues.  While we could multiply by the # of priorities, it would be a lot
cleaner if we didn't have too.  It would also prevent us from having to
modify all of our consumers to deal with multiple priority queues.

I think that true priorities would make the queue topology a lot simpler
(and smaller) and the consumer implementation a lot simpler as well.  It
would also allow a smoother transition to RabbitMQ for those already using
priorities in other AMQP brokers (like Qpid) or JMS brokers (like
ActiveMQ).  IMHO, it's surprising that more people aren't asking for this,
but I guess it is what it is.

Thanks (as always) for the response and suggestions!

-Chris