[rabbitmq-discuss] A rabbitmq error in my cluster

Si-li Liu unixipc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 06:54:07 GMT 2014

I found my rabbitmq node is down in the cluster.

Here is the log

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jan-2014::03:17:27 ===
** Generic server rabbit_disk_monitor terminating
** Last message in was update
** When Server state == {state,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbitmq at localhost
",
                               1000000000,6201094144,10000,
                               {interval,#Ref<0.0.0.977>},
                               false}
** Reason for termination ==
** {badarg,[{erlang,list_to_integer,["systems"],[]},
            {rabbit_disk_monitor,parse_free_unix,1,[]},
            {rabbit_disk_monitor,internal_update,1,[]},
            {rabbit_disk_monitor,handle_info,2,[]},
            {gen_server,handle_msg,5,[{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,607}]},

{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,239}]}]}

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jan-2014::03:17:27 ===
Disabling disk free space monitoring on unsupported platform: {{'EXIT',
                                                                {badarg,
                                                                 [{erlang,

 list_to_integer,

 ["systems"],
                                                                   []},

{rabbit_disk_monitor,

 parse_free_unix,
                                                                   1,[]},

{rabbit_disk_monitor,

 init,1,[]},

{gen_server,

 init_it,6,
                                                                   [{file,

 "gen_server.erl"},
                                                                    {line,
                                                                     304}]},
                                                                  {proc_lib,

 init_p_do_apply,
                                                                   3,
                                                                   [{file,

 "proc_lib.erl"},
                                                                    {line,

 239}]}]}},
                                                               16723951616}

After a while, the log reports

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jan-2014::03:20:15 ===
Mnesia(rabbitmq at localhost): ** ERROR ** (core dumped to file:
"/var/lib/rabbitmq/MnesiaCore.rabbitmq at localhost_1389_237615_166554")
 ** FATAL ** {error,{"Cannot rename disk_log file",latest_log,
                     "/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbitmq at localhost
/PREVIOUS.LOG",
                     {log_header,trans_log,"4.3","4.8",rabbitmq at localhost,
                                 {1389,237615,128040}},

 {file_error,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbitmq at localhost/PREVIOUS.LOG",
                                 enoent}}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jan-2014::03:20:25 ===
Mnesia(rabbitmq at localhost): ** ERROR ** mnesia_event got unexpected event:
{'EXIT',

<0.111.0>,

killed}

I found the dump file is actually in my disk, but how to open this dump
file? /var/lib/rabbitmq/MnesiaCore.rabbitmq at localhost_1389_237615_166554

Also rabbitmqctl status command says its status is correct, but rabbitmqctl
list_users, list_exchanges or other commands just print an error message.

Anyone can help with this issue? It can not be reproduced, but happens
sometimes.
--
Best regards

Sili Liu