[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling single queues

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 6 13:54:03 GMT 2014

On 06/01/14 04:19, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:

> The messages are under 300 bytes, and billing records, so we use
> persistence, durability, and transactions.

How big are the transactions? Are you sure you need transactions? Have
you tried without transactions, or increasing the transaction size?

What is the largest number of unacknowledged messages that you have at
any time? Have you tried to raise that number?

Can you explain what you mean by batch size?

Are you supplying any non-standard parameters to the Erlang VM? Can you
show the output of "rabbitmqctl status" ?

I think this test simulates your environment:

runjava.sh  com.rabbitmq.examples.PerfTest -s 300 -n 200 -q 200 -y 2 -f
persistent

What message rate can the test maintain with these parameters?

-Emile