[rabbitmq-discuss] Bringing down Nodes in a cluster

Patrick Long pat at munkiisoft.com
Fri Feb 28 08:27:39 GMT 2014

So I can stop the node by using stop_app or I can stop the RabbitMQ service
on that node. Is one better that the other?

When Ops want to update a machine that is a Node in a 3 node RabbitMQ
cluster what is the recommended approach?

Is it to stop the service on one node, run Windows Update etc etc then
bring that node back. Once that node is confirmed move to next node always
ensuring there is at least one synchronised slave?

Thanks

--
Patrick Long - Munkiisoft Ltd