[rabbitmq-discuss] Duplicate exchange detection

pkbasu pk_basu at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:50:03 GMT 2014

Thanks Simon. Here is what I am trying to achieve. Users in my system should
be able to send messages to one another across
geographical/datacenter/cluster boundaries.

User John and User Alice are connected to Rabbit at different clusters, say
CX and CY. There is a Messages exchange which is created in each of these
broker/clusters. So there is a Messages exchange in CX and a Messages
exchange in CY. These two are federated in both directions, so each is an
upstream of the other (this is possible, right?)

John and Alice now declare exchanges EJ (in CX) and EA (in CY) and bind them
with routing keys messages.john and messages.alice respectively to the
Messages exchange. Now if John sends a message to his cluster CX with
routing key messages.alice, will CX know that there is an exchange EA
attached to the Messages exchange in cluster CY that satisfies the routing
key?

Please refer to attached message.

<http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/file/n33612/Untitled_drawing.png>