[rabbitmq-discuss] autoheal behavior in the presence of HA-queues mastered on multiple nodes?

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Fri Feb 21 23:49:45 GMT 2014

Here's a hypothethetical we were discussing today, and I didn't have a good
answer.

Picture a two node cluster with nodes A and B, using HA-queues and
autoheal. Some queues are mastered on A, and others on B. There's a VIP in
front of the cluster that points to one of the brokers.

Now imagine a network event occurs and the cluster splits. Autoheal kicks
in, selects a loser (say, B), and restarts it to rejoin the cluster. What
happens to the data in queues that were mastered on B when B restarts? And
does it matter if the messages in the queue were persistent or not?

Thanks,

Matt