[rabbitmq-discuss] Server not releasing conns/channels under memory pressure

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Feb 18 10:07:40 GMT 2014

On 18/02/2014 8:07AM, carlhoerberg wrote:
> Would it make sense to try to remove disconnected connections/channels even
> in low memory scenarios to make more memory available?

Oh hell yes. We have spent a long time trying to make this happen.

The trouble is that it seems to be basically impossible to determine
whether a socket is really open or not when you are not reading from it.
And we don't read from sockets which have published when the memory
alarm has gone off. I don't know if there is going to be a way around this.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal