[rabbitmq-discuss] Which listener or callback service is perform in event rabbit server shutdown

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:39:24 GMT 2014

> I'm trying to best handle from the client side in the event our rabbit
> server goes down.  When that happens, I assume the client will need to
> establish a subscription to the queue for consumption.  I assume the broker
> will issue a cancel on the consumer which will perform the "handleCancel"
> callback function.  Is it possible to test this scenario?

You will get the regular shutdown sequence.

If RabbitMQ goes down or the node becomes inaccessible, you can't get
cancel notification but an I/O exception will trigger a shutdown.

Future RabbitMQ Java client versions may include an automatic recovery
feature like
Ruby and Clojure clients have (e.g.
http://clojurerabbitmq.info/articles/error_handling.html).
--