[rabbitmq-discuss] building rabbitmq-server 1.7.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 13 07:19:10 GMT 2014

On 13/02/2014 06:49, AR wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with erlang, So maybe the erlang version is too
> new for a rather old version of rabbitmq-server ?

That certainly sounds plausible. So if you absolutely have to build such
an ancient version of RabbitMQ then I might start by trying to build it
under Erlang R12B-5. I think that's approximately the right version
(although I make no guarantees).

Note that
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-server/v1.7.0/rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-1.7.0.tar.gz
is a tarball containing compiled binaries, so if you download that then
at least you don't have to compile the thing.

I shall assume you have a good reason for doing whatever you're doing.

Cheers, Simon