[rabbitmq-discuss] Is my RabbitMQ cluster Active/Active or Active/Passive?

rails stammailbox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 15:00:20 GMT 2014

I have created a cluster consists of three RabbitMQ nodes using
join_cluster command.

i.e.

rabbitmqctl -n rabbit2 at MYPC1 join_cluster rabbit2 at MYPC1

(currently the cluster runs on a single computer)

Questions:
In the documents <http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html> it says there is one
implemetation for active passive and one for active active.

   1. What did I configure?
   2. How do I know?
   3. How can it be changed?
   4. Is there a big performance trade off between Active Active & Active
   Passive?
   5. What is the best practice to interact with active/active?
   i.e. install a load balancer? apache that will round robin
   6. What is the best practice to interact with active/passive?
   if I interact with only the active - this is a single point f failure

Thanks.