[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq message delay

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Wed Aug 20 10:50:37 BST 2014

On 20 August 2014 at 13:46:29, Lost (w_pg at qq.com) wrote:
> > 1.csv: publish message 10000/s, every 100 microsecond to publish
> 1 message.
> 2.csv: publish message no rate limit, use a for loop to do it.
>
> The 1.csv delay is only 1 millisecond, but the 2.csv is need 50
> millisecond!!
> Is any possible to reduce message delay?

Flood publishing the broker means that you eventually will run into
flow control, which affects publishing latency. So this is largely expected.

If both your client and RabbitMQ run on the same machine, you'll also
see them competing for CPU and I/O resources. A program that publishes
in an endless loop will likely put a moderate stress on the machine,
however beefy it may be.

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory.html for more information on flow
control and see RabbitMQ logs, the resource-based alarms are logged.

You can also inspect connection state in the management UI, it will show
both kinds of flow control.

Also, RabbitMQ list has moved to
https://groups.google.com/group/rabbitmq-users

please start new discussions there.