[rabbitmq-discuss] [rabbitmq-users] AMQP 0-9-1 data types

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Mon Aug 4 01:09:52 BST 2014

 On 4 August 2014 at 03:24:08, Matt Broadstone (mbroadst at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I guess my question is: does RabbitMQ follow the AMQP 0-9-1 spec
> completely, but change these types ONLY in the case of Table Fields?

I believe everything on
[1] is still relevant. See 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 in [1]. The data type prefixes are only used
in tables (maps, dictionaries).

When in doubt, take a look at Rabbit's binary codec, which is fairly declarative.

Some particularly relevant parts:

Lines 707-1232 in the [generated, so not in the repo] AMQP 0-9-1 framing code:
https://gist.github.com/michaelklishin/89bd9ba027bd5b4c31c1

Table parser and generator:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/dba10965c62e/src/rabbit_binary_generator.erl#l116
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/dba10965c62e/src/rabbit_binary_parser.erl#l52