[rabbitmq-discuss] Declaring queues and exchanges on both sides

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:51:03 BST 2014

Hi,

Is not expensive to do so. Also it will be done just once, when the
script/app starts.

There's actually no consensus about who should setup the whole
"messaging fabric", either the consumer, the producer, or both.

For example the producer might be working in some kind of Pub/Sub
scenario, where consumers come and go, then it's probably just
required for the producer to declare the exchange, and then let the
consumers declare their own queues and do the bindings.

On the other hand, if you have a typical "worker" scenario, then the
producer might want to make sure there's a queue where the messages
are being routed to, say a "resize images" queue. Then the producer
will declare the queue and the exchange, and will also perform the
bindings.

So basically, "it depends".

Regards,

Alvaro