[rabbitmq-discuss] statistics_db_node not_running

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 30 12:40:20 BST 2014

On 30/04/14 04:46, Greg Poirier wrote:
> Is there a way to correct this state? I'm using RabbitMQ 3.2.3 with a
> 3-node cluster on centos. Our nodes were restarted poorly by a wayward
> sysadmin, and one of the nodes failed to come back up. It then came back
> up and was the stats node for a while, but when it was restarted just
> now the stats db did not come back up.

There are some fixes for this in 3.2.4, but if you can't upgrade, then
you might be able to prod the database back into life with:

rabbitmqctl eval \
'application:stop(rabbitmq_management),application:start(rabbitmq_management).'

People have reported varying levels of success with that command.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal