[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated queue and bindings

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 29 15:00:43 BST 2014

On 29/04/2014 10:59, lepolac wrote:
> I have configured queue federation between 2 brokers, but can't see messages
> on my downstream broker.

How are you checking this? Messages will only be transferred to the
downstream on demand - i.e. when there is a consumer there and
inadequate consumers upstream. So you can't just expect to see messages
piling up in the management UI.

> Here is the configuration on the downstream :

<snip> that all looks fine.

> I have a feeling this has to do with the way my publisher or consumer is
> binding.
> QUEUE_NAME being obviously federated-queue.test and EXCHANGE_NAME being
> myexchange

No, queue federation has nothing to do with bindings; everything happens
at the consumer end.

Cheers, Simon