[rabbitmq-discuss] High Availability and Load Balancers

Arun Rao arunrao.seattle at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:52:46 BST 2014

I am using Load Balancer (F5). I am using Producer VIP separately from
Consumer VIP. This gives me a lot of flexibility when doing maintenance.
For Producer VIP, I am using a API health
http://<hostname>:15672/api/aliveness-test/<vhost>
and looking for "status":"ok" result.

For consumer VIP, I am just using TCP Half-open.

HTH,
-arun.