[rabbitmq-discuss] Exclusive consumers via STOMP

Nagy, Attila bra at fsn.hu
Thu Apr 24 12:53:52 BST 2014

On 04/24/14 12:20, Michael Klishin wrote:
> On 24 April 2014 at 12:23:38, Nagy, Attila (bra at fsn.hu) wrote:
>>> I've tried it with a durable queue. I could successfully subscribe
>> the queue from two machines and instances of the same consumer
>> via STOMP
>> and got messages (round robin) to each of them, regardless I've
>> specified exclusive: True in the subscribe frame.
>> I'm using 3.3.0.
>> Wasn't this implemented?
> Possibly. In RabbitMQ consumer exclusivity means no more than 1 consumer can
> be added on a given queue. This includes federation links for federated queues.
Exactly what I need.

> I need to run some tests to see how queue federation works in such case.

How does queue federation consumes from the queue? I mean it's not just
a normal consumer, because if nobody is on the other side, it won't
consume. Or it just starts consuming if there are somebody?
But there are even more conditions need to be true to get messages to it
(described on the federation page), so this is not so simple.

Also, if consumer A on broker A consumes from the queue, but broker B
can't consume from broker A's queue, I assume consumer B on broker B
will be able to consume from the queue on broker B, so this essentially
doesn't work in a federated setup.
Or is there something which disallows this?

Thanks,