[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ HA Setup

srikanth tns srikanthtns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 05:10:00 BST 2014

We are using 3 rabbitmq nodes setup in the cluster . Our client application
is mcollective.
We have made sure the queues are load balanced based on the number of
connections for each node in the cluster.  we have setup HA all mode for
queue mirroring in the cluster.

In the failover scenario, if one of the nodes in the cluster goes down ,
the queues dedicated for the failed node are getting failed over to the
next master in the cluster.
Now when the failed node is back into service , the queues are not assigned
back to its owner. They are still connected to master.

Is there any way we can have the rabbitmq to send back the queues to its
owner?
But when I restart the client application , the queues are back to the
owner , but in failover mode the queues stick to the new master and never
come back to old master.

Thanks
Srikanth