[rabbitmq-discuss] Incredible problem with rabbitmq

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Apr 22 09:12:38 BST 2014

On 22/04/14 09:08, Ashish Jain wrote:
> Due to confidentiality clause I cannot take the logs out of the
> environment. However in rmq1 logs there are few errors like this
> exception on TCP connection XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> {handshake_timeout,frame_header}
>
> exception on TCP connection {timeout,running}
>
> One more point to add here rmq1 and rmq2 are in 2 different networks.
> Here the client is in same network as rmq2 however client and rmq1 are
> in different network.
>
> Does this help or further information is required to debug this issue?

Could be a network routing issue - packets from the client get through
to the server but not vice versa. That's also consistent with your
'telnet' observation.

I suggest you repeat your telnet experiment while logged into the same
machine (i.e. while on rmq1 telnet to rabbitmq on that machine); if that
works but remote connections don't then it's definitely a network issue.

Matthias.