[rabbitmq-discuss] x509 proxy file for user authentication

Doug Benjamin dougbenjaminatwork at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:58:34 BST 2014

Hello,

  I was wondering about the status of using a x509 proxy file
for user authentication using a python client code and rabbitmq server.
If possible I would like to avoid having to pass a password for
authentication,
as I would have to place the password in a text file on the client machine.
(Does code exist to use an encrypted shared secret?)

When connecting to a globus gridftp server, I can use my x509 proxy file.
The
globus gridftp server contains a text file that maps DN to user name.  I
would
like to do the same with my rabbitmq server.

I would like to use the ssl certificate log into the rabbit management
and rabbit server ports.  When I try to connect to the rabbit management
port I connect vs https but get a login screen requesting username/password.

I am sure that I have something misconfigured.

Here is what I have for my rabbit config file.

[
  {rabbit, [
     {auth_mechanisms,['EXTERNAL']},
     {tcp_listeners, []},
     {ssl_listeners, [5671]},
     {ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/certs/all_cacerts.pem"},
                    {certfile,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/certs/hostcert.pem"},
                    {keyfile,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/certs/hostkey.pem"},
                    {verify,verify_peer},
                    {fail_if_no_peer_cert,true}]}
   ]},
  {rabbitmq_stomp, [{tcp_listeners,[]},
                    {ssl_cert_login, true},
                    {ssl_listeners, [61614]}]},
  {rabbitmq_management, [{ listener, [ {port,15671},
                                       {ssl,true},
                                       {ssl_opts,
[{cacertfile,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/certs/all_cacerts.pem"},

{certfile,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/certs/hostcert.pem"},

{keyfile,"/var/lib/rabbitmq/certs/hostkey.pem"}]}
             ]}
                        ]}
].

Thanks,