[rabbitmq-discuss] Federated queues with durable topic subscriptions over STOMP and ACLs

Nagy, Attila bra at fsn.hu
Fri Apr 18 10:11:09 BST 2014

Hi,

I use (shared) durable subscriptions to topics via STOMP, which I would
like to federate between rabbitmq nodes with the semantics offered by
queue federation and durable topics.
And I would like to use SSL certificate based ACLs for those topics, so
a given user should only access /topic/routing.key (eg: can only read or
write from/to /topic/accounting.* or /topic/accounting.company1.# etc).

I can use SSL. I can use federation (by federating stomp-dsub queues).
Everything works.
Except I can't use durable topics with ACLs.

What I could find so far is this post:
http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/2011-March/011762.html
which states that I should use an exchange, but with that I can't use
durable subscriptions.

Is this possible somehow with rabbitmq?
It seems the only missing piece here is to extend permissions to routing
keys.
Or is there another way to do this, without topics?

Thanks,