[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ user accounts without management access?

Sebastien Dubois dubois.sebastien66 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:09:21 BST 2014

Hi all,

  We have an application that exposes a notification channel through a
RabbitMQ broker.  We would like to give access to our application users so
that their own clients can have queues that they can bind to our
notification RabbitMQ exchange (using the account host/user/password/vhost
info), but without giving them access to the web-based rabbit management
(i.e. the one that can be reached by default on port 15672), for security
purposes.

Is that possible?  From what we can understand, you can have read-only user
accounts, but that does not prevent access to the web-based management
application.

Thanks in advance
/Sebastien