[rabbitmq-discuss] Recover cluster from crash

js.future.software at gmail.com js.future.software at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:04:30 BST 2014

Hello,

we are testing RabbitMQ for future replace MSMQ. Someday ago we had a crash
with one node. Cluster is build with 3 nodes HA on Windows machines -
RabbitMQ instances are services. This node has been reinstalled. After this
cluster failed to start. Now on other two machines we get information that
can not connect to other nodes. We tried set enviroment variable RABBITMQ_NODE_ONLY,
run service and executed command to remove node "rabbitmqctl
forget_cluster_node --offline xxx at nodeName". On running this command we get
information that node is not found "Error: {not_a_cluster_node,"The node
selected is not in the cluster."}" what to do with this? We don't want to
reinstall all. If we start it normally we get exception in log that:

*"*

*Error description:   {error,{inconsistent_cluster,"Node rabbit at X thinks
it's clustered with node rabbit at Y, but rabbit at Y..."}}*
*"*

Please help us.