[rabbitmq-discuss] java client reconnect error: attempt to reuse consumer tag

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Sat Apr 12 11:36:32 BST 2014

 On 12 April 2014 at 02:39:53, James Bellenger (james at bellenger.org) wrote:
> > On my machine, recovery appears to work at fewer than about 5
> consumers. Anything over that, and the client gets a stream of
> TopologyRecoveryExceptions and is never able to reconnect.

This is annoying but reconnection happens before topology recovery, so
it is able to reconnect.

> I've looked at the client source and haven't seen any obvious
> culprit.

I cannot immediately say what may be going here but there is one
default = 5 in the client.

ConsumerWorkService uses a 5 thread executor by default (instantiated
with Executors.newFixedThreadPool). Try setting a custom executor that
has, say, 64 threads and configure ConnectionFactory with it, and let us know
how it goes.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ