[rabbitmq-discuss] Heartbeat vs timeout in .NET code

Arun Rao arunrao.seattle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:47:43 BST 2014

Actually, I know that already - Client sends a 62 byte packet (of Type:
Heartbeat) to server and server responds with a zero (payload) length
packet as the response.

My specific question was - When does .NET RabbitMQ client that negotiates
only Heartbeat argument with the RabbitMQ server timeout? Is that again 2
skipped heartbeats as you mentioned above? If so, Timeout value in
Management UI for .NET clients should be twice the value?

Thanks!