[rabbitmq-discuss] shovel auth change in 3.3.0?

Laing, Michael michael.laing at nytimes.com
Mon Apr 7 12:16:23 BST 2014

Hmmm - yes that's a problem.

The amqp URI BNF in the rabbitmq docs includes this:

amqp_userinfo = username [ ":" password ]
> username = *( unreserved / pct-encoded / sub-delims )
> password = *( unreserved / pct-encoded / sub-delims )

which indicates that an empty password is acceptable in the URI,
unfortunately.

Of course that doesn't mean the shovel has to accept it.

Possibly '1*' should be used instead of '*' above...?

It's a pretty small buglet in the scheme of things...

ml