[rabbitmq-discuss] Alternate exchange in Rabbit MQ

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Apr 1 13:49:36 BST 2014

On 1 April 2014 at 16:39:57, dilip.aim11 (dilip.aim11 at gmail.com) wrote:
> > if for EmptyEX i m publishing message with RK -
> so message is going to TestQ.
> is it AE ?

A message published to AE with routing key RK should be routed to TestQ.
Then, when you publish it to another exchange *and* it cannot be routed
anywhere, it will be [re]published to AE.

> my requirement something . that my message should go all the Queue
> Of AEX .
> i can not make AEX as Fanout .

Do you mean “shoult not go to all the queues”?

> There is anything else from which i can achieve this ??

My guess is that if your exchange E performs the routing,
then messages never reach AE.

In any case, my suggestion to use fanouts was to see if the problem
is with routing or your exchange attributes (alternate exchange setup).
Fanouts completely avoid all the issues with routing keys.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ